Labels

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Capstone Presentation

Last week we presented our Capstone Project Process to three professionals, Patrick Keefe and Steve Mahn from HLK Agency and Christina Hughes from BigWideSky.
I presented my research, the beginning of my website and the progress from beginning of the project to what I have now. It went better than expected.
They were extremely excited about my research and how I used it to inform all my design decisions. They also appreciated my type and other aesthetic decisions.
But they did have a few suggestions. They enjoyed the video but they suggested spicing it up a bit by taking different shots from different angles and using those new angels through out.
The best suggested was about the movements of my website. The movement was one of the only thing that didn't have a clear validation. The suggestion was to use movement to communicate to the user what part of the website the user was currently experiencing. The website moves through several different sections, the introduction, the history, the future and the opportunity to support. Currently there is no clear indication that the user has moved into a new section so movement became the perfect solution. Each page of each section will move in the same way but each section will move differently.
My presentation went really well, better than I could ever hoped. They gave me great confidence and excellent advice that will improve my project and make it even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment